But those who wait on The Lord shall renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint
Aerial Yoga is the fusion of yoga poses and aerial arts...it's finding one's own niche somewhere in between. Aerial yoga increases the adaptability and accessibility of yoga to various ability levels and allows participants to enhance flexibility, accelerate core strength, forge new strength, helps identify and conquer fear-- allowing freedom and fullness in The Lord.
BENEFITS OF AERIAL YOGA
- Beginner friendly
- Total body workout
- Aids in stress reduction
- Aids in digestion
- Improves blood circulation
- Helps detoxify the circulatory and lymphatic systems
- Improves flexibility; allowing for deeper stretching than mat yoga provides
- Relieves joint pressure and spinal compression that floor workouts can trigger
- Challenges and increases your central nervous system, mental capacity, balance and proprioception
- Releases tension patterns throughout the body
- Improves balance and core strength
- Increases pulling strength-that is lacking in mat yoga practice
- Improves breath awareness
- Allows easier access and supported inverted postures that allows for spinal decompression
- Releases endorphins and happy hormones like serotonin, endorphins, oxytocin, dopamine, which boost your mood and help support energy level
- Allows for you to identify and overcome fear
Aerial Yoga is a meaningful investment in your mindfulness and self care; a fitness class that will take you from the ground, allow you to flip-it and reverse it, float, fly and even soar, while restoring your spirit.
At Fearfully and Wonderfully Made, safety is paramount. Our beams have been reviewed and approved by structural engineers. Each beam is certified to handle up to 93,000 lbs dynamic load, our double point rigging hardware is certified to handle over 15,000 lbs dynamic load, and we utilize acrobatic silks, just like an aerialist in the circus.
Our aerial silks are disinfected after each class…We participate in class barefoot and we ask that participants have short nails, not wear any makeup, jewelry or athletic yoga pants that have zippers as they may damage the aerial silks over time. Please make sure to bring a yoga mat and water bottle.